Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekly Update for 3-13/ 3-19

I will have to admit that I did not do a good job this week of keeping a good record of all the different jobs and activities that I did and on what days.  I also realize that you probably do not need to have a blow by blow as well.  One of the things that I enjoy about serving at Three Springs Ministries is that there are so many different facets of camp ministry and that one day is never the same as another.


The weather has started to turn the corner, although I will reserve the right to change that statement when the next snow storm comes.  The snow has melted and has revealed a winters worth of limbs, leaves and debris underneath it all.  I've been chomping at the bit to start working in the yard for a while, since I've been accustomed to cutting grass by this time of year.  Although everything was still muddy, I recruited Audrey and Duncan on Monday to help me start picking up limbs and raking leaves here at the Linck Inn property. We got a lot accomplished and things are starting to shape up.  I've been asked to head up the grounds maintenance for here as well as at the Three Springs property, with the help of one of the interns that will be staying over for the summer.  I'm excited about that since I have been given the oppurtunity to do a lot of that in my life and feel like I could help in this area.  I've started doing some maintenance on the mowers this week trying to get ready.   Everyone thinks that's funny since we're probably not quite done with winter entirely, but they understand that I don't know any better coming from South Carolina where it's already been in the 80's.


We did not have a group this weekend at LHI so I have spent the majority of my time at Three Springs trying to pitch in and help in any way I could.  I've sort of been everyone's assistant doing different projects.  I've sealed up cracks in eaves where bats get into walls,  helped refurbish a pool table, did maintenance on equipment, crawled under buildings doing repair work on floor joists, helped prune apple trees, measured and lined off a volleyball court, and even had a chance to explore one of the hiking trails from camp.  Although I was doing many different things, I was always interacting with other staff and interns which gives me opportunities to be involved with those I'm serving with.




Kathryn did make it to the Ladies Bible study on Wednesday which she has really enjoyed.  It gives her a change of pace from things at home, not to mention good fellowship and study. She also is helping coordinate a ladies ensemble at church and planning other special music for the future.  I'ts good that she is starting to find avenues of service to use her gifts. One of her other gifts that many may not know about, is her knowledge of grammer and English, which she has found a way to use in the ministry.  Not only does she help correct many of my errors when I write, but she has volunteered to proofread for newsletters,  brochoures, or whatever needed for Three Springs Ministries.  She already started that this week for one of the summer brocheres going out. That's an area that not everyone is good at, including myself.


Audrey and Duncan continue to adjust.  On Monday when we were outside cleaning in the yard most of the day they proceded to get out the snow sleds and sled even though there was no snow!  They have enjoyed getting outside more now that it is starting to warm up and thaw out.  We even got out the bikes one evening and went down to Three Springs to ride and enjoy the evening together.







The kids are also involved in an Easter play at church. Their Sunday school class will be singing with the chorus for the play.  Clay seems to be doing better with his ears, but still is not sleeping well through the night.  That is hard for a mother who hears every noise her children make, while Dad saws logs next to her.



Continue to pray for us as we experience God at work here.  There was a youth group of about 70 retreating at Three Springs this weekend




 and we are planning on hosting a church group at LHI of about 30 next weekend.  We value your interest and involvement with us.  Hope ya'll have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment